Identity Data Fabric
What is an Identity Data Fabric?
An Identity Data Fabric unifies distributed identity data from all sources within an organization in order to turn identity data into a flexible, reusable, and scalable resource. Using virtualization and synchronization capabilities, it first connects all sources of identity—from both on prem and cloud sources. The fabric then creates complete attribute-rich global profiles for all users that is consumable in whatever protocol is required by the application.
What problems does an Identity Data Fabric solve?
An Identity Data Fabric can be a powerful tool that allows organizations to do many things more easily and using less resources. It enables infrastructure modernization efforts. It helps secure access to critical applications. It enables seamless customer experiences across channels. It helps streamline processes for governance and compliance. It leverages existing assets and infrastructure without disrupting business processes.
Five ways an Identity Data Fabric will impact your business
Acting as a broker between applications and identity stores, identity data becomes an on-tap source of information that can be leveraged as needed for any security initiative.
- Radically simplify complex identity management and governance initiatives
- Create a consolidated identity source to support audits and compliance reviews
- Reduce new implementations from months—or even years—to days or weeks
- Easily define and revise fine-grained security policies for smarter access control
- Boost the speed and agility of your infrastructure while reducing its latency
The results include time savings, more efficient use of resources, reduced maintenance costs, faster time-to-market and improved security.