A Federated Identity & Directory Service Based on Virtualization
Rationalizing Identity to Meet New Demands and Opportunities
For most sizable companies, the identity and access layer has been built over successive waves of technology, resulting in a patchwork of point-to-point connections. Existing IAM deployments are often made up of one-to-one custom links between applications, proprietary WAM and standards-based federation layers, and feature a diverse array of identity silos, from AD and LDAP to databases and APIs. The result is a brittle system that’s costly to maintain and almost impossible to secure, audit, or evolve.
Without a unified identity infrastructure, you can’t easily open and extend your enterprise to web and cloud-based applications—or new groups of users. For example, having disparate sources of identity data can hamper the deployment of solutions such as SSO based on federation standards because deploying an Identity Provider (IdP) assumes that there is a single authoritative identity source for authentication and authorization. You need a way to make sense of your disparate and distributed system of identity.
One Global Identity & Directory Service for All Your Initiatives
Through the power of virtualization, RadiantOne FID consolidates and rationalizes all your identity data to create a global list of users with no duplicates. It speeds deployments, reduces integration costs, and provides flexibility for dynamic business requirements. RadiantOne is fast, flexible, and web/cloud friendly—so you can solve a world of identity challenges:
- Classic WAM/Portal SSO: RadiantOne FID works with CA Single Sign-On (formerly SiteMinder) and other solutions, federating and routing authentication and authorization demands against multiple internal identity systems to deliver faster and smarter SSO to your portal and smoother integration of new populations.
- Federation & Cloud SSO: You can create a single point of access for both on-premises and cloud-based apps by federating access with RadiantOne CFS and federating identity with RadiantOne FID, turning your identity system into a virtual, logical IdP. RadiantOne FID also works with other federated access solutions such as PingFederate, Okta or ADFS.
- Federation and Cloud Provisioning: RadiantOne FID creates an identity hub and builds a global reference image that can be used to populate Azure AD or a directory on AWS with the appropriate identity information—and stay in sync across all sources, whether they’re on-premises or in the cloud.
- AD Consolidation and Directory Migration: Whether your goal is streamlining authentication/authorization processes after a merger, providing a unified view of users for existing on-premises applications and cloud applications (such as Office 365), or boosting the security of your system, RadiantOne fully integrates and rationalizes identity data from across multiple AD domains and forests—without a system overhaul.
- Identity Governance and Administration: Adding RadiantOne FID to your IGA infrastructure can help you get the most out of your investment in IGA solutions such as SailPoint IdentityIQ and Saviynt Identity Warehouse. RadiantOne can be used to “pre-integrate” identity data from diverse sources, creating complete user profiles for the IGA solution’s use in provisioning, and/or it can use the IGA solution’s database as a source of identity information itself, for use in LDAP Applications, WAM and Federation.
- Scalable Storage: An integral part of RadiantOne FID, HDAP, our Big Data Directory is LDAP v3 compliant and highly-scalable to store and publish complete, fully integrated user profiles.
It’s available in two versions, making it easy to scale up: the entry-level Active-Passive Mode for directory migration and the professional-grade Cluster mode, for more advanced use cases.
- Context-Aware Applications: RadiantOne FID can deliver identity in contextual views using “model-driven virtualization,” which unlocks the context hidden within siloes and enables innovative new context-aware services.
- Check out our Buyer’s Guide to Identity Integration Solutions.