Upgrading Your Legacy Portal/WAM Solution with RadiantOne FID: Part 1. CA SSO
The story is all too common. Your business deployed a WAM solution a few years ago with CA Single Sign-On (formerly SiteMinder) to secure and simplify access for users, and it worked well at first. But over time, you may have noticed:
- Performance has taken a hit—Authentication has slowed down as you add more user populations.
- It’s difficult to add new identity sources—often requires custom hard-coded connections.
- User experience has suffered—the first impression given is a sluggish login, followed by a page display that is not personalized to the user’s access rights or preferences.
Why? Because the world of access has been expanding. Your SSO/WAM package is doing its job, but its job is getting harder: a key element is often overlooked—your identity infrastructure—which has gradually grown in complexity. You need a common layer to federate your identities (from directories, databases, or APIs) and deliver a fast, integrated, and secure view of your user identity data. This is the key to scale and boost performance for your CA SSO deployment.
Learn how the RadiantOne federated identity service based on virtualization will allow you to:
- Leverage the federation pattern across the access layer (WAM/Federation) and the identity layer.
- Use virtualization to evolve without disrupting your existing identity environment. You will never have to modify underlying sources, or extend their schemas to accommodate CA SSO (SiteMinder) requirements – all of the heavy lifting is done seamlessly in the integration layer.
- Use a common identity hub to:
- Serve both your current classic LDAP on-premises apps and federation infrastructure.
- Enhance policy flexibility with access to more attributes for authorization.
- Speed up performance dramatically.
When: Thursday, February 22, 2018.