Delivering One Version of the Truth
The Challenge: Intersecting Identities Across Multiple Sources
Let’s say you have a customer named John Smith and an employee named jsmith. Can your system detect whether or not they’re the same person? Or what if your company just acquired a competitor—can you tell how much overlap there is between your customer databases?
The Solution: Disambiguating and Correlating Users
When new user populations need to be rolled into your environment, there is often an unknown level of intersection of users and “unique” identifiers. To ensure proper access, each application-specific view should contain a unique list of users, with each user represented once.
RadiantOne correlates and disambiguates same-users across these data silos, creating a union set of identities where duplicate user accounts are joined to create a global profile. The global profile provides a single representation for all users across multiple systems, linked to each of the underlying profiles.
With our powerful correlation technology, it’s easy to:
- Handle overlapping attributes: When dealing with a heterogeneous environment, identity information is often duplicated in multiple repositories. Same-user profiles may also contain contradictory attribute names and values, or may be in different formats. It is essential that consuming applications be given the correct information, in the expected format.
- Disambiguate attributes and map to unique names: Often, same-named attributes need to be defined differently—or re-named—depending on the correct context. They are not interchangeable and must be disambiguated within the system.
- Return multi-valued attributes: If multiple values for an attribute exist in different systems, VDS can return a multi-valued attribute.
- Return attributes based on authoritative source: RadiantOne can also return attributes based on priority. This enables administrators to set precedence for attribute value sources, ensuring only most authoritative data available is presented.
- Dig Deeper:
- Learn more about the RadiantOne Identity Synchronization & Correlation Server.