Unify Identity Representation
Make Your Identity and Context Data Ready to Consume
The Challenge: Overlapping Identity from Many Different Sources
Once you’ve freed your information from its data silos, you need a way to correlate identities and publish the data so applications can consume it. Most enterprises use a variety of different data repositories—directories, databases, and web services—each with its own protocols and schemas. Then the second challenge of identity and context in the data integration space is to unify identity and data representation.
The same infrastructure that lets you extract and virtualize identities also provides tools to correlate and synchronize identities. This is the foundation for a common identity hub or registry that is at the heart of any CDI or MDM effort—delivered at a fraction of the cost of such initiatives.
The Solution: Using Correlation and Synchronization to Build a Global Profile
With RadiantOne identity federation, you can build a common identity profile and hub out of disparate identity sources. Identity federation delivers a shared representation of all identities, mapped to a common schema, to reconcile an inflexible world of databases vs. directories, competing brands of directories, and custom APIs. Identity virtualization enables organizations to:
- Correlate identities across different repositories without changing the underlying infrastructure.
- Create a common identifier linking all profiles—basically, a set of global keys to confirm that a piece of data identified one way in one system is equivalent to data identified another way in another system.
- Keep the central identity hub synchronized with all data sources.
- Publish a unified profile that applications can consume.
- Provide the right infrastructure to simplify and improve deployment of a variety of initiatives, from security and profile management to CDI and MDM.