Renew Aging Infrastructure
Future-Proof Your Identity Infrastructure with Virtualization
It’s no secret that the way we manage our identities is changing. Previous generations of LDAP directories—once the main repository for external identities such as customers, partners, and vendors—are aging.
The Challenge: An Aging LDAP Infrastructure
Infrastructures such as Sun/Oracle Directory, Netscape, and Novell LDAP are now increasingly expensive to maintain and complex to extend for a variety of reasons:
- Costly contracts: Maintenance is expensive and individualized for every directory.
- Increasing demands: Consolidation, mergers, and business initiatives put new stresses on your identity infrastructure.
- Brittle systems: Better authentication and authorization services for new populations are often constrained by the glacial pace—and extreme expense—of evolving your directories.
- Competing infrastructures: Your internal identity system for employees—generally based on Active Directory—needs to be joined with your external system and seamlessly managed.
- Reduced performance: Aging systems can slow the rest of your system.
However, replacing directories being used by existing applications would be costly and very disruptive. The challenge then becomes to preserve what is working, but to simultaneously evolve the system to meet new demands and open new possibilities.
The Solution: Evolution through Virtualization
Imagine a virtual infrastructure designed for the future, engineered to grow and evolve with your enterprise, with low maintenance costs. The RadiantOne platform offers scalable, compatible, and future-proof infrastructure by delivering Identity as a Service. RadiantOne is a directory virtualization layer offering:
- In-place replacement with plug-and-play capability for your existing LDAP directory. Your applications will not see the difference.
- Full integration capability: Metadata model provides optimal synchronization to leverage your existing investments in SQL and web services.
- High flexibility to create a unified view into all of your data sources, improving authentication and authorization capabilities.
- Guaranteed scalability and performance on par with the best LDAP directory on the market, no matter the complexity of the sources.
- Contextual search and browse capabilities, enabling a new world of services.
- Out-of-the-box support for advanced use cases, such as federation, fine-grained entitlements, and cloud computing.
And because we know that guaranteed performance is everything for a directory, our advanced RadiantOne Cache—with automated real-time refresh—delivers at the fastest speeds.