Creating new groups within your enterprise can be a tedious and time-consuming task, and the more identity sources you add to the mix, the higher the administrative burden becomes. The new RadiantOne VDS 6 Groups Builder Wizard revolutionizes the way users define groups and members, allowing administrators to dynamically create groups from heterogeneous data sources.
With the Groups Builder Wizard, you can effortlessly create two types of groups: user-defined and auto-generated. User-defined groups are built by hand-picking members, or by simply performing an LDAP filter, so any user matching the filter will be automatically added to the group.
Auto-generated groups give you the power to dynamically build groups based on a specified user attribute. For example, to create groups by employee type, you would select the “employeeType” attribute, and groups would be generated instantly for each value, such as “Manager,” “Temp,” and “Contract” employees.
The Groups Builder Wizard simplifies the process of sorting users into dynamic groups
The Groups Builder Wizard walks you through the process of creating and maintaining new easy-to-manage groups that make it easier to enrich your authorization policies. These steps include:
- Defining a group object class.
- Selecting how the group will be created (user-defined or auto-generated).
- Naming the groups.
- Managing individual members of groups.
- Defining dynamic members of groups.
- Mounting the virtual group in the VDS tree so client applications can access users for authentication and authorization.
VDS 6 offers a powerful, wizard-driven workflow to make your job easier—the Groups Builder Wizard is only one of several sophisticated new tools. We’d love to show you how all our new wizards work, so just send us an email to set up a hands-on demo.
- 02 Dec 2013Context is Coming: The Move from IdM to Identity Relationship Management and the Internet of Things
- 22 Nov 2013Identity at the Center: Why You Need a Federated Identity Hub
- 08 Nov 2013The Hidden Requirement for Federation: Syncing and Provisioning to the Cloud
- 23 Oct 2013From Virtual Directory to Federated Identity: Bringing Identity Back to The Center of IAM