By Alex Rock, Radiant Logic Director of Marketing
At Radiant, we’ve known for some time that an overhaul of identity management architecture is required and it’s great to know we’re not alone. Gartner VP and Research Director, Bob Blakely shares our opinion and has even laid out a roadmap for a new identity infrastructure in his latest research paper, “The Emerging Architecture of Identity Management.” We couldn’t be more pleased that someone with such a respected voice-and a Gartner analyst no less!-is sharing the same story we’ve been telling for years.
The World of Identity is Changing-and Identity and Context Virtualization is Key
Your current identity management infrastructure is built for a world that no longer exists-one based on pushing identity from the center, instead of pulling it from many disparate sources. Today’s centralized identity infrastructure can’t keep up with tomorrow’s demands. Understanding this quandary is critical for you and the future of your enterprise.
Cloud computing, federation, and the need to scale are quickly changing the identity landscape and emphasizing the need for a transformation.
Companies still struggling to solve today’s IdM challenges in their increasingly federated environments are now required to plan and account for tomorrow’s modern architectures, such as user-centric identity, Identity-as-a-service, and the cloud. Current enterprise IdM systems, designed to centralize management of the information used to authenticate employees and authorize their access to enterprise resources, simply won’t get us there.
According to Bob, the emerging identity infrastructure will be based on pulling identity from disparate sources at the time of use, and it will feature identity and context virtualization at its core-you’ve probably heard us talk about that a time or two! In addition to his recent paper, Bob also laid out his vision of a pull-based identity management architecture at Burton Catalyst EU in Prague at the end of June. Ian Glazer, also of Gartner, recapped it nicely in his blog.
Join us at Catalyst and Don’t Miss our Upcoming Webinar!
We’re gearing up for Catalyst North America in San Diego at the end of this month, where we will be showcasing some exciting new products. But before heading down to sun and surf, we invite you to join us for our next webinar on Thursday, July 15th at 8:00 a.m. PST, when Bob Blakely will expand on his groundbreaking research paper and Radiant’s Dieter Schuller will discuss Identity and Context Virtualization and give some tips on selecting this critical component of the new identity infrastructure.
Don’t miss this discussion on:
- Why the current push model no longer works in today’s identity landscape.
- How virtualization finally separates the production and storage of identities from their consumption.
- How explicit context representation and externalization will drive finer-grained authorization and profile management-and change the way you relate to your customers.
- How you can use smart virtualization to deliver identity and context as a service and create a complete IdM infrastructure for all your initiatives.
Learn more about Identity and Context Virtualization or catch us at Catalyst in San Diego for a demo of our new ID-Connect product.
Hope to see you there!
- 02 Dec 2013Context is Coming: The Move from IdM to Identity Relationship Management and the Internet of Things
- 22 Nov 2013Identity at the Center: Why You Need a Federated Identity Hub
- 08 Nov 2013The Hidden Requirement for Federation: Syncing and Provisioning to the Cloud
- 23 Oct 2013From Virtual Directory to Federated Identity: Bringing Identity Back to The Center of IAM